We're hoping to move. It should have been in the next week or so, but as always there are delays. Since April I have been working to reduce the stock in the cupboard and chest freezer. Two months later and I still haven't finished. I don't think we'll have no frozen items, but there are a few more apple crumbles with frozen stewed apple, some more jam and a few more fish meals to go. Destocking the cupboard has been a much slower task. Somehow we had a few kg of different rices; we're almost at the point where all packets are open and in use. A house-moving fruit cake should help to use up a fair amount of the dried fruit in the baking cupboard.
There are many many tasty ice cream flavours but a few years ago I found an absolutely amazing fruit flavour. Normally the creaminess or sweetness of the rest of the ice cream makes fruit flavours like strawberry or raspberry inferior to the fresh fruit. Redcurrant ice cream is different. I found a Delia recipe for blackcurrant and substituted. It produces a lovely pink ice cream with a strong fruit flavour that goes well with many puddings. Delia Recipe
The first of two curry recipes invented yesterday, trying to combine my favourite parts of take-away curries into something reasonably healthy and stronger flavoured. Authenticity and originality not guaranteed. #1 : Lamb and Tomato This one combines rogan josh (lamb, tomato, cardamon, garlic) with dhansak (cumin, lentils). This is not a hot curry, and the initially flavour is sweet from the meat, onions and tomato - but it has a pleasant kick. I made this from left-over roast lamb, but in the past I have made a similar curry with lamb precooked in water with garlic cloves - boil for ~15 minutes. Ingredients 500 g Cooked Lamb 1 Onion 4 or 5 Tomatoes 1 or 2 handfuls of Red Lentils 1 tsp Coriander seeds 1 tsp Cumin seeds 1 tbsp Garam Masala 1 tsp ground Ginger ½ - 1 tsp ground Cayenne Pepper (depending on how hot you want it) 4 Cardamon Pods (crushed a little) Method Slice the onion and fry in plenty of oil (rapeseed works well) for ~20 minutes on a low heat. The aim is to remove moistur...
Comments